Question for hondata regarding factory calibration

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
786Nazir

Question for hondata regarding factory calibration

Post by 786Nazir »

I will try to keep this simple.

Car is a Honda civic stock Euro (England) Type R.
Intending to purchase a used k pro version 3 board installed on a pra ecu which is the correct type and hopefully not a risk. (Red Board?)
Strangely Iv been playing around with the k manager for years in my free time although not owning the hardware.

Main question is regarding the starter calibrations of the European section and the safety/reliability of them?
My car is completely stock and i am intending to use the "stock euro dyno tuned kal" ...permanently
Any/all info on this and the stock euro factory calibration would be greatly appreciated.
Obviously no wide band sensor so i'm limited to what i can monitor.
Kind regards Naz
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Question for hondata regarding factory calibration

Post by Hondata »

The tuned calibration will work, but there are variances in vehicles, especially now they are over 10 years old, so dyno tuning is recommended. Otherwise you should be ok.
Hondata
786Nazir

Re: Question for hondata regarding factory calibration

Post by 786Nazir »

Thank you Martian Leader for your reply. (ack ack ack)

That is a good point and i think ultimately that will be the end target.
I have compared the k manager stock kal and the tuned kal most of the deferences seem to be in the ignition and cam angles at high speed, high load tables, which is good.
The part throttle is so smooth when the car is stock.
The fueling tables also seem to be the same values and with no modifications i hope it won't be too risky...fingers crossed
I'll give it a shot and monitor for any problems, I can always revert to the stock map.
Can't wait !!

Thanks Naz