Vtec killers

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Ferreira

Vtec killers

Post by Ferreira »

I need some help in getting these vtec killers running. I've done everything from witching off the vtec oil switch. Re-scaling the RPM index on the "low cam" tables, and a few other associated things in order to in killer mode.

Now the problem is that I can get the car to run, wants to start but then it floods it and the plugs get soaken. All sensors are working fine. TPS, CPS, etc...

I've taken a lot of fuel out, and even decreased the cranking fuel by 95%. The INJ is showing close to 20ms pulse width which is crazy, in my experience 2ms should be enough to start. Also the cams are very aggressive and the MAP is showing 96-100kpa during cranking.

Does anyone have experience tuning Vtec killers that can share some tips? or post a snap shot of their fuel and ignition maps so that I can get an idea on what values to start with.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Vtec killers

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like the cams may not be phased correctly and you are not getting any vacuum. This would explain the high fuel values and flooding.
Ferreira

Re: Vtec killers

Post by Ferreira »

Thanks for the reply.

That was also something in mind, but took the cover off and checked the timing again. The cams are Drag Cartel Stg4, with 280º @.050" so they wont create much vacuum until it goes past the cranking rpms.

I think its just a case of chasing the tune around until some combination makes it fire.