Full throttle shifts

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
kurt

Full throttle shifts

Post by kurt »

Has anyone used this yet? From what I read off the help file, it actually utilizes the rev limiter to enable this function. That means I will have to bounce off the rev limiter once before clutching in?

Inputs appreciated. Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, you use a micro switch to activate the full throttle shift limiter. Look at the parameters.
ekhybrid

Post by ekhybrid »

What should the fuel and ignition retard activation RPM be set at? I'm a little lost. If my Redline is set at 8200 where should the shift RPM limit be?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Whatever the minimum RPM is that you drop to between shifts
ekhybrid

Post by ekhybrid »

Thanks!
boostedk20eg

Post by boostedk20eg »

since the full throttle shift uses a micro switch it uses the same clutch switch that the launch limiter works on right? so no need for a different one? just making sure before I go doing this.

Anyone that has used this what are you setting your SHIFT rpm limiter at?I'm not sure what the rpm drops to when shifting gears. 6spd tranny
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The software only allows the use of one input for both
BMR

Post by BMR »

I do not have a problem with Launch control, but I do have a problem with Full Throttle Shift, since I set the redline at 8800 rpm and it was hitting redline at 7k rpm where I set the throttle shift to.

This is on a Swapped Civic K20A EG with PRB Kpro.

Also you said to set it to the lowest rpm gear change drop or higher one? Which one will benefit the most from it and why?

Thanks
HONDA GHANDI

Post by HONDA GHANDI »

Depending on your gear ratio you should set it to the RPM that the engine drops down to when you upshift. That way when you release the clutch your engine is already at the correct RPM to begin the next gear.

If you are hitting your shift rpm limiter all the time when driving, your inputs may not be configured correctly.
High altitude tuner www.tcperf.com
BMR

Post by BMR »

HONDA GHANDI wrote:Depending on your gear ratio you should set it to the RPM that the engine drops down to when you upshift. That way when you release the clutch your engine is already at the correct RPM to begin the next gear.

If you are hitting your shift rpm limiter all the time when driving, your inputs may not be configured correctly.
I have different engine rpm drops , from 5700 being the lowest to 7400 being the highest.

I did a run in 3rd gear doing a datalog with shift limiter at 7000 and redline at 8800 and it redlined at 7000rpm. I will give it a try again to see what it happens...
BMR

Post by BMR »

I am still having problems with full throttle shift. I set it to 5700rpm and that is the rpm it is redlining instead of the 8800 redline is set to.

Any help would be appreciated.
I do not have a problem with launch control.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What input are you using?
BMR

Post by BMR »

I am using the first input that is listed when you activate the full throttle. I think it is the Exx?
Do I have to wire something for this input to work? Or do I have to use some other input?
I know I did not connect the brake input to the computer.

I will have to see the parameters , but I am pretty sure that is the one.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

please post your calibration. The first thing listed is always on, which you cannot use for full throttle shifting.
BMR

Post by BMR »

Will do in like an hour. Thanks