Brand new k-pro, can't get it to upload

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
alackofspeed

Brand new k-pro, can't get it to upload

Post by alackofspeed »

Hi, I'm having some problems with a K-pro i received today.

- 'k20a2-civictyper-factory' MAP is what i want to upload
- engine / ecu is in a kit-car
- K20a2 uk civic type-r engine
- everything is stock

I received the ecu today, first connected it to my PC to check the k-manager worked, and it did.

I then connected the ecu to my harness (home made I confess), turned on the ignition. The fuel pump primed, and the dash lit up, etc. I then connected the usb lead, and started k-manager. I read that I needed to erase my ecu, so i tried that and it didn't work. I then thought I'd go straight to upload, and that didn't work "upload failed".

I then tried downloading the map on the ecu, and that worked (however the map is totally flat). Likewise data logging works. I noticed that when I click on the information button, it DOES NOT tell me what my ecu is.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should do, and would really appreciate advice.

Thanks,

John.
Last edited by alackofspeed on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Who did you purchase this through and what is the serial number of the K-Pro board? Does it say online at the bottom of the Kmanager screen? Does it say ignition on a thte bottom of the Kmanager screen?
alackofspeed

Post by alackofspeed »

Thanks for the reply.

ECU was sent to Abbey Motorsport - I'm a UK resident.

The ECU serial number is 37820-PRA-E13, and the Hondata module's code is 02003.

When the unit is connected to my pc it says both "online" and "ignition on" in the bottom left of the screen.

When I try and upload the upload progress bar appears, but quickly dissapears to be replaced with the failure message. Meanwhile the fuel pump relay clicks on then off (in the same manner as it does when first powering the ECU).
Attachments
info_button.JPG
info_button.JPG (130.52 KiB) Viewed 6240 times
upload_failed.JPG
upload_failed.JPG (168.6 KiB) Viewed 6240 times
alackofspeed

Post by alackofspeed »

Since posting the above, I've checked the output of every pin on the ECU against the values I should expect according to the Honda technician's manual, and everything is as it should be.

Is it likely the problem I'm experiencing is one of the Hondata module failing to communicate with the ECU?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

From help, About...what is the version number of the software you are using?
alackofspeed

Post by alackofspeed »

I downloaded it from this site on Friday (9th March 2007) - I'm at work at the moment, so can't check, but from memory 1.2.2.2 (?)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Since Abby did the install I would suggest taking the ecu back to them as it does not look like the installatioin was done correctly. They should test it there an make sure they can clear security and upload to the ecu.
Solo-1

Post by Solo-1 »

I just received my Kpro yesterday and I'm having the same problem. I have a 2002 Base RSX PND ECU. I'm currently at work so I don't have the ECU Serial number with me. I got my Kpro from Speedtech Racing Development in Calgary AB, Canada.

I tried to upload the K20A3 Base RSX 89 octane tune and got the Upload failed error message. Then I tried to load the stock base map and same thing.

Any ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try going to Online, tools and click on clear security. Then upload a calibration after doing that.
Solo-1

Post by Solo-1 »

Ok thanks for the info..I'll give that a try tonight when I get home from work.
Solo-1

Post by Solo-1 »

Spunkster wrote:Try going to Online, tools and click on clear security. Then upload a calibration after doing that.
Ok I did that and still nothing. Now when I try to upload nothing happens with the ECU and I don't here the ECU click on nor the fuel pump cycling on and off.

Any further help would be great.

**Update** Issue was after I cleared the security was that I was using a friends laptop that had an older version of the k-manager software. I updated it and everything uploaded. Thanks for the help!! :D
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

try checking the battry voltage. anything under 11volts causes upload download problems.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747