clutch switch

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
jasondabsher

clutch switch

Post by jasondabsher »

hello all. just got my K-Pro about a week ago for my 2003 Civic Si. i got it because i am about to swap a k24a2 into the ep3. but also wanted to play around with it before that so am using atm on the k20a3 thats stock in it. i am trying to find out if there is a way to use the factory clutch switch signal for launch control and no lift shift. i dont see that option in the dropdown. the ECU that i got with my k-pro in it was a PPA. but it must have been manual trans and had the same clutch switch. thanks for any help in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: clutch switch

Post by Spunkster »

You must wire the clutch switch into the input you select in the software for it to be used.
jasondabsher

Post by jasondabsher »

Okay so I can use my existing clutch switch but need to wire it to a different pin in the ecu other then the stock location.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Correct.
jasondabsher

Post by jasondabsher »

i assume i should choose one of the defaults in the drop down as the pin to change it too as well
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

yes
jasondabsher

Post by jasondabsher »

any hints on a good place to find all the pinouts i need? did a few searches on here and didnt find anything about different pinouts for different ecu's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you look at the settings for launch control that is where you select the input you want to use.

ECU pinouts are in the help file: http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/ecuconnectors.htm
jasondabsher

Post by jasondabsher »

thanks, i have the FSM for my 2003 EP3 and have been looking through that. seems the factory clutch switch never goes into the ecu, as i was planning on just swapping that pin into the correct spot. looks like ill just be running a new wire over too it.
jasondabsher

Post by jasondabsher »

well im not sure that i can use any of the pins there because thaose are all actually doing something. could i wire up a 2nd clutch switch fabbed up to fit and run it as a new input that would then be available to use.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can only use the inputs listed in the software.