KPro v4 CAN Lambda Values

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
timot_one

KPro v4 CAN Lambda Values

Post by timot_one »

I'm currently working on a digital dash that uses the Hondata CAN Protocol (1mbps). The issue that I am experiencing is the lambda values being output via CAN under transient conditions are opposite of what is being displayed in KManager and the Hondata Mobile App. I.E. - When KPro shows a lean condition on decel, the CAN output values show a rich condition, and when KPro shows a rich condition on acceleration, the CAN output values show a lean condition. I confirmed the values coming from the KPro are incorrect by connecting a CAN reader to my KPro.

I am using a Honda wideband sensor connected with the factory harness in an OEM configuration, not an external wideband controller, if that makes a difference.

When I tried using an AIM MXL dash to confirm the incorrect lambda values with another product, it seems the AIM dash doesn't support lambda when using the Hondata KPro v4. Is this a problem with other devices as well?

Please let me know if you need any additional information about the display or configuration I am testing to help solve this issue.
Timothy CM55 K24A2 TVS2300
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: KPro v4 CAN Lambda Values

Post by Hondata »

I answered this via email a week or two back.

I believe that your conversion is using equivalency ratio rather than lambda ratio. If you give specific data then we can run through the conversion and calculations.
Hondata
timot_one

Post by timot_one »

Thanks for following up. I went through my email and checked my junk folder and quarantine software, but did not find a response to the email I sent last Thursday.

I would be glad to share any data you may need. Please let me know what specific data you would like me to send.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Pick one example and give the lambda as shown by the gauge, the CAN packet and what you have converted the values to.
Hondata
timot_one

Post by timot_one »

Back to trying to solve my issue again after some down time. I am still experiencing the same issues after testing with 2 different KPro ECUs on different cars. I was able to pull the raw CAN data from my KPro it shows the same conditions that I described in my original post. I can share this data, but it will not let me attach a .xlsx file.

I've been trying to reach someone via email, but have never received a response. I called Tech Support yesterday and the first person was unable to answer my questions. He tried to transfer me to someone else, but they did not answer or return my call after leaving a message.

Any help would be appreciated to solve this issue of lambda reading incorrectly.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

save it as an xls file instead of an xlsx file.
timot_one

Post by timot_one »

Doesn't seem to work as a .xls file either.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (40.13 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

zip the xls file
timot_one

Post by timot_one »

Looks like that worked. Thanks!
lambda_on_decel.zip
(42.73 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The person that will look at this is out of the office for another week and a half, you will have to wait until then for an answer.
timot_one

Post by timot_one »

Thanks for the heads up. I've been working on this for a while, so I can wait a week and a half. Please feel free to send me a message if you need my contact information to figure this out over the phone.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Pick one example and give the lambda as shown by the gauge, the CAN packet and what you have converted the values to.
Hondata