Kpro in Limp

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Andrejda13

Kpro in Limp

Post by Andrejda13 »

- 2004 DC5 Type R
- Serial 46401
- ECU part number (37820) serial number (2060-400844)
- Bought about 2 years ago from SpeedScience
- Soild Mil 4000 rpm limit

Car has been previously tuned on 98 pump gas made 297 kw on 9 psi unopened engine k20a with TA3410 turbo

Vehicle had been running fine tuned over 2 years ago had done about 2000 kms turbo developed a leak decided to remove and get it rebuilt. Reinstalled and cranked to prime turbo done this a couple of times without completely starting, when i went to start it appeared to be flooded i waited about 10 mins then attempted to start and still wouldn't fire. So i removed the injector plugs to prevent fuel and it fired almost instantly and died, reconnected plugs and started normal took for a drive after about 10 minutes mil came on so i returned home to plug into laptop to check code and it wont connect, ignition on the green light flashes and then goes red flashing. Ive tried clearing security but come up with failed to connect also same if i try upload a calibration. I updated the software still same problem. I also connect a OBD scanner and no code is present. If i check SCS it is flashing code 38 any idea? Have i damaged the kpro from removing the injector plugs? Note the vehicle does still run and drive in limp with 4k Limit.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Kpro in Limp

Post by Spunkster »

The version of software you are using is out of date. Download the most recent version of software from the software section of the website and see if that allows you to erase and then upload your calibration to the ECU.
Andrejda13

Post by Andrejda13 »

Downloaded and updated software, tried to clear security and it comes up with failed to upload. Tried clearing and closing KM reopen and tried to uploaded map still saying failed to upload. I can download the map and it looks fine but still no joy.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This was sold as an install kit to Speed Factory. You should contact them a this is more than likely an installation issue. They should be able to assist you with this.
Andrejda13

Post by Andrejda13 »

Just to be clear the vehicle had been running perfect for almost 2 years only when I tried cranking with Injectors unplugged this issue occurred, I have since sent ecu off I am located in New Zealand. Will post an update.
Andrejda13

Post by Andrejda13 »

Took ecu into speed science, they have sent it away to be checked out / tested. I have since borrowed another brand new kpro v4 from a mate downloaded latest software and uploaded my calibration vehicle started after a couple of trys. Took for a drive no check light and runs like new... Guessing my kpro is damaged somehow.