tps cal issue

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Jaykosi

tps cal issue

Post by Jaykosi »

ok so have a k20z1 in my eg hatch with the hybrid harness when i go to calibrate the tps it read -5for minum reading and 60 for maximum but when i go turn on the car i dont get a tps reading also the car turns of at wide open throttle what can it be the tps looks good and connection also .Another thing i notice is that when i disconect the tps i get the same reading even though i reset the calibrations????what can it be
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: tps cal issue

Post by Hondata »

Reset your TPS calibration. Check what the TPS reads with throttle closed and then open. If it is only reading 60% fully open you have a TPS problem.
Hondata
Jaykosi

Post by Jaykosi »

if i dsconect the tps it gives me the same reading -5minimum and 60 max is like is nt even reading the tps
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

How are you getting any readings if the TPS is disconnected?
Jaykosi

Post by Jaykosi »

i dont know is know

looking for some help.
i cant get my car to run properly.
It basically finished and idles fine, at around 1000rpm after i cleaned the IACV as it was surging.

Now the problems seems as if the TPS has gone, but im not 100% sure and have read a load of threads on it.
I have taken a reading at connector A pin 15 red/blk with ign (II) and with throttle closed i get about .5V and with it open around 4.5V so it seems ok....

However when I run the car and say hold the revs at 3000, it goes up to 3000 for a second then drops back down to around idle range of about 1000 for a second then goes back up, repeating the process.

Ive ran it with K pro connected and whatever position i have the throttle on, weather it is closed, half or open, under the sensors tab in K pro, TPS reads at 0%.

Under parameters> Knock / tps> scale tps, when i click on read for both the min and max values, it comes in at :
minimum reading -5 %
maximum reading 60%

tried to change these readings pressing the throttle but it doesnt change.
checked logic grounds on that ecu plug and both are fine.

I tried my friends TB and TPS with no luck, i cant even get a reading off the ecu plug for his TPS.

thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try your ECU in a known good vehicle.
robertschultz1

Post by robertschultz1 »

I am having the same exact issue as the OP. I have been through 2 K-tuned TPS's and still getting the same issue.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote:Try your ECU in a known good vehicle.
hondajim

Post by hondajim »

I'm getting the very same isue on my v3 s300 works fine on my h22 swaped eg civic (obd1) but i get the 5%min 60%max
isue on my 97 crv turbo (obd2) using a jumper harness with no fault code
I notice I have brought the obd2b to obd1 harnes and there is a obd2a to obd1 option available to buy I wonder if that is the isue I'll get one and try
Swapshop

Post by Swapshop »

Yes I’ve seen this issue too and I couldn’t figure out. TPS was fine and still is, but in the middle of uploading a tune and my laptop crashed/battery went dead, and when I tried again to upload the tune , it seemed like if the connectivity is now off somehow. It uploaded the tune, but the fuel pump prime isn’t the same as before, it don’t prime till a few seconds later, also I have the o2 sensor disabled with the heater checked to off also , and I’m getting that 0%-60% TPS scale issue, I can’t change this value no matter what. Unless I reset it, and yes the ecu is on and online like how I’ve always done it for years. Even if I upload a fresh file tune from the drop down menu if I scale the TPS.. it go’s to the 0%-60% and the 3k limp mode .

How do I fix think spunk ??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Swapshop wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:13 pm Yes I’ve seen this issue too and I couldn’t figure out. TPS was fine and still is, but in the middle of uploading a tune and my laptop crashed/battery went dead, and when I tried again to upload the tune , it seemed like if the connectivity is now off somehow. It uploaded the tune, but the fuel pump prime isn’t the same as before, it don’t prime till a few seconds later, also I have the o2 sensor disabled with the heater checked to off also , and I’m getting that 0%-60% TPS scale issue, I can’t change this value no matter what. Unless I reset it, and yes the ecu is on and online like how I’ve always done it for years. Even if I upload a fresh file tune from the drop down menu if I scale the TPS.. it go’s to the 0%-60% and the 3k limp mode .

How do I fix think spunk ??
Have the capacitors been replaced in the ECU?
Lookout22

Post by Lookout22 »

Did anyone ever get any resolution to this? I’m having the same problem.