TSX Reflash - Rough Idle with A/C on

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
comptechtsx

TSX Reflash - Rough Idle with A/C on

Post by comptechtsx »

I'm hoping someone can help me out, before i'm forced to take my car completely back to stock.

At idle on a hot day with A/C on, the car shakes profusely. If i raise the idle , the vibration smoothes out completely.

I took it to two differnet delearships. Without even telling them about the reflash, they blamed the rough idle on the computer and asked if i altered it.

My mods are the following but the car has been doing this since just teh Comptech Icebox:

Icebox, UR Pulleys, Comptech Header.

I love the hondata reflash and don't want to flash it back to stock to try to resolve this issue.

Any help is greatly apreciated.
xjohnkdoex

Post by xjohnkdoex »

did you have the rough idle with the A/C on before the hondata?

it's been pretty well documented that AT owners with the comptech header have vibrations/harsh idling, particularly with the A/C running. MT owners don't have this problem, but there are some individual cases of the shakes even with the MT owners.
comptechtsx

Post by comptechtsx »

No it did not. It only shakes really bad when the A/C is on, and it's hot out side. It seems to go away temporarily everytime the dealer resets my computer, if that helps at all.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It sounds like excessive long term fuel trim - check the o2 sensor is working correctly.

Also, you should swap back to stock pulleys to eliminate the underdrive pulleys.
Hondata
valeratj

Post by valeratj »

I am pretty sure it is related to the header. Eventhough Comptech is known for quality products, they kinda screwed up on this one. I heard # of complains about vibrations/rattle while AC is on :roll: I have a topspeed header myself and AT and had no such problem