K100 ecu and no spark!

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
kjlindgr

K100 ecu and no spark!

Post by kjlindgr »

Hey all. I'm looking for a bit of help on a swap I'm trying to get up and running. I've got a K24 engine in a Del Sol with a K100 chipped PND RSX ECU. I called Hondata's tech support and was told "we don't support the K100 anymore so find a dealer...but by the way, nobody sells those in North America anymore...mkay...bye"

Here's the situation. The car is wired up. Fuel pump is getting controlled by the ECU. Injectors are firing when cranking. All seems to be working right...but I have no spark.

I traced three coil wires back and found that all coils have ground, a good +12 volt signal, and the colored wires are mapping back to the correct pin on the A-harness plug as verified by the 2003 Accord FSM I have. All should be working right except that there is no spark so nothing must be getting triggered by the ECU.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? The ECU must be working since it's kicking off the pump and injectors. Why no coil operation?

HELP!!

Thanks all :)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You have a number of options. You can find someone with a KPro, dealer or otherwise, and swap in your ECU to test the vehicle wiring. You could swap your ECU into a similar known good vehicle and check it runs.
Hondata