06' si, JRSC, 650cc inj, aem sr, street tune by vit.

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
JeremyVictory

06' si, JRSC, 650cc inj, aem sr, street tune by vit.

Post by JeremyVictory »

Car ran good for a while and i had to do a starter test so the blower had to come off. Now the car boggs on acceleration and is running super rich. Upstream o2 is reading on average -127.27 mv. No switching and my bluepoint scan tool will only read one of the two o2 sensors. The tune is set up for full exhaust(DC race header and skunk 2 mega power) and i have NO exhaust on my car. The kit was purchased from a friend who had put about 10k on it he gave me his tune as well. It looks to me like the o2 is bad but before i go spend 150$ on one i wanted your opinion. Can send a datalog later but im at work for the next 8hrs.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 06' si, JRSC, 650cc inj, aem sr, street tune by vit.

Post by Spunkster »

What do you mean by "it has no exhaust"?
JeremyVictory

Post by JeremyVictory »

Sorry my exhaust is stock from the head back.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot datalog a reflash. Do you have a FlashPro?
JeremyVictory

Post by JeremyVictory »

Yes i do, and i apologize i just noticed i posted in the wrong section. Im a brand new member as of today. Been doing this stuff alone for almost fifteen years now lol. So yes it is flashpro.

Thanks again

Jeremy
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would start by checking for and damaged wires or things you have left unplugged since making the changes. It is most likely a mechanical issue and has nothing to do with the tuning.
JeremyVictory

Post by JeremyVictory »

Ok i thought it might be a misteak i made while doing the work. Just havent been able to locate any broken wires on the part of the harness i disconnected and moved out of the way. It was injectors, map, maf, and tb. Also forgot to mention the tune was for an 07 si but as far as i know the only difference is the vsa and i just disabled it before i did the reflash. Checked and rechecked all my connections and the rest of my work. I just got home from the daily wrenching and cant get a datalogg now. Would you be able to tell me what the problem is or give me a good starting point if i send a datalog? You guys are awesome by the way! I have never had anybody to really talk performance to and actually trust with the ecu end of it all. Everyone i know with mods has gone to a shop. I have been doing this for a long time by myself and not really ever been this fustrated with any car let alone myown lol.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Start by checking for error codes with the FlashPro software.
JeremyVictory

Post by JeremyVictory »

Hey, sorry i took so long getting back to you i was busy with a combo of a stomach condition and work. I took a datalog today and i have no errors with flashpro or on my scanner. i have a short fuel trim of -31.3 and long fuel trim is 0.0. the o2 is still reading -128.28. attached my file to help.

thanks again.

Jeremy
Attachments
wtf.fpdl
(98.81 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Some is very wrong - the manifold pressure is not reading as it should. Download and install the lastest FlashProManager (currently 1.7.0), upload your calibration again and make another datalog. If it still reads the same then start looking at the MAP sensor.
Hondata
JeremyVictory

Post by JeremyVictory »

That was my first concern but i swapped it with a known good one as well as my mass air (one at a time) and no difference. what voltage should i be looking for from the signal wire on MAP? maybe its shorted i can check it with the multimeter.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have the map sensor relocator installed to that the map sensor can see boost?
JeremyVictory

Post by JeremyVictory »

I tried to download and update to the beta version of the Flashpro manager and for some reason I cant do the update to 1.7.0.0. Also my scanner is reading between 17 and 20 in. hg on map when the car is running so I know I'm getting mixed info from the scanner I have and Flashpro. I want to set a stock tune to the car without removing the blower to run a couple tests. Do you know how I set the b.o.v. so I can stop boost from building? Is it supposed to be open or closed all the way? or can I just remove/plug the vacuum line from it to the blower? I'd like to take a look at the parameters of it running like is was meant/supposed to from factory. I went through my harness all the things I removed and found no broken, melted, or touching wires. The only things I can think of right now are that maybe my tune got corrupted on my end or I have a bad ecu. If not then a serious mechanical issue that I cant fathom having because I know I didn't put it back together wrong. Its a pretty easy install (to me) have had the blower on and off a couple times since i did the install originally and also think i would hear a bent rod/valve or chain rattle from the timing chain tensioner/guides being bad or timing being off.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Download directly from our website in the downloads section. YOu may want to contact the supercharge manufacturere for assistance with how to safely keep the bypass valve open on their kit.
JeremyVictory

Post by JeremyVictory »

Update: i checked all my sensors, my harnes for shorts and open wires, checked my grounds, and then saw the problem... when i did the clutch i spilled brake fluid on the A connector for the ecu... :( rookie misteake cost me 450$ so far and still have to reprogram it. To boot there is a tsb covering my vin and replacement of the ecu. As it turns out i may still have to purchase a new guage cluster as it ties in to the immobilizer... thankfully i managed to get my flashpro unlocked! Thanks for all the input and will let you know how it turns out.