PLEASE help.

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Looking4ghe

PLEASE help.

Post by Looking4ghe »

I've recently orded the 05-06 reflash with race header for my type s. I want to know what I need to send in, and the address to send it to. The last hondata rep i talked to on Clubrsx never mentioned anything about sending in key and immobilizer, so I'm just making sure one last time. Please reply asap. I'm going to take the ECU to work with me tomorrow and send it after work. Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE help.

Post by Spunkster »

It needs to be matched to your key and immobilizer before it can be used in your car. This can only be done by a Acura dealer.
Looking4ghe

Post by Looking4ghe »

My question is will I need to send in my immobilizer and key along with the ecu for the 2005 type s with race header reflash, and where do i send it to? I still don't know the address.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The address on our website:

Hondata, Inc.
2840 Columbia St
Torrance, CA 90503

We just recently changed the 05-06 reflash and we can now reflash them without the immobilizer, but for it to run you car the key and immobilizer must be matched to your ECU by an Acura dealer.
Looking4ghe

Post by Looking4ghe »

So I guess the key is not required as well? I only have 1 key and I don't want to buy another from the dealer to have no down time on my car since this ecu is a spare
fastdc5

Post by fastdc5 »

Spunkster wrote:The address on our website:

Hondata, Inc.
2840 Columbia St
Torrance, CA 90503

We just recently changed the 05-06 reflash and we can now reflash them without the immobilizer, but for it to run you car the key and immobilizer must be matched to your ECU by an Acura dealer.
i don't get it. Must be match, meaning it needs to be taken to the Acura Dealership to verify the ECU matching the immobilizer and key before sending out the ECU for reflash?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If the key and immobilizer are not matched to the ECU then the engine will not start.