Is this ECU reflashed ?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Jerry

Is this ECU reflashed ?

Post by Jerry »

Hi. I'm going to buy ECU from the crashed TSX at junkyard, the seller told me this TSX was heavily tuned, so probably its ECU was reflashed. Can you check this ?

37820-RBB-A61
CY-EH2561A
No. 524460 -5

Thanks in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Is this ECU reflashed ?

Post by Spunkster »

There is no record of that ECU being reflashed.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Too bad ((( Well thanks anyway.
Can you give me then some hints on reflash ?

I'd like to keep my original ECU unmodified as well as immo. If i buy those ECU from crashed car and immo ring and keys from another, but equal TSX, and then send to you for reflashing. Will the reflashing on those unmatched parts be possible ?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, your key and immobilizer can only be matched to one ECU at a time. You will be much better off having your stock ECU reflashed, there is really no need to be able to go back to stock.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Spunkster wrote:No, your key and immobilizer can only be matched to one ECU at a time. You will be much better off having your stock ECU reflashed, there is really no need to be able to go back to stock.
Well, someday I will sold my car anyway and that would be great to sold hondatified ECU separately. Just to clear all the things up, if I send you those unmatched ECU and immo my car with them wont start, but reflashing can be done ? And a second thought, if i just connect reflashed ECU and disconnect my immo, will my car start and drive ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, it will not work. To be reflashed, the key and immobilizer must be matched to the ECU. An unmatched ECU will not start or run the car at all.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Ok. Just let me make it straight. I've already bought those 37820-RBB-A61 single ECU. I dont need now to match it with my immo and keys, I will make it later if needed with my car dealer. Now can I send this solely ECU to you, to get it reflashed as is ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote:No, it will not work. To be reflashed, the key and immobilizer must be matched to the ECU. An unmatched ECU will not start or run the car at all.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Spunkster wrote:
Spunkster wrote:No, it will not work. To be reflashed, the key and immobilizer must be matched to the ECU. An unmatched ECU will not start or run the car at all.
I understood it wil not work as I get it from you, and I understand it will not start the car. I can sort it out later on place. I just mean, could you flash that single ECU ? All other things related to get it work on my car would be an my headache.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote:To be reflashed, the key and immobilizer must be matched to the ECU.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

No other way ? Is it tech related issue ?