Bought a Used 08 is it flashed?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Sweetdeal

Bought a Used 08 is it flashed?

Post by Sweetdeal »

Please excuse my ignorance and possibly obvious question i may ask, as i am new to the Honda tuning world. Had a tuned and modded mustang before so I am not completely retarded on the topics. But these Japaneses cars use completely different techniques.

So i just recently bought a used 2008, SI with mods already done. Injen CAI, Headers, and full 3" exhaust (no cats). The Ecu Cover has a Hondata sticker...But not sure if the flash is/has been done or not. I can still hear the VTEC Kick in at the stock 5800, but it feels like it has a lot more power prior to that. I also have a CEL codes from secondary o2 sensors. Is that going to hurt fuel mileage or cause issues?

I know a CEL due to O2 on a stock ECU would screw up your MPG but what about if it is re-flashed? Should I worry or Just buy some MIL eliminators? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

ECU#
37820-rrb-a13
4744-141893.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have not reflashed that ECU.
Hondata
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

If it has a Hondata sticker but the VTEC point is 5800 (and they don't have a reflash on record), check to see if it has a USB port. You might have yourself a Kpro.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The K-Pro is not compatible with an 08 SI.
Sweetdeal

Post by Sweetdeal »

Why would he put the sticker on it? Could it have been swaped with another?
Sweetdeal

Post by Sweetdeal »

so another lil tidbit we we noticed yesterday. When i took it to my buddies Honda shop where he works we hooked it up to the Honda Diagnostics computer,

It showed that Both the short term and long term A/F were running a little rich mostly likely due to the full exhaust and the rear O2 sensor causing a CEL.

So as he began looking at a few other things we notice the name on the ECU showed the typical "Honda and some serial numbers" but it also said (Diesel). Obviously it isn't a diesel ECU program because the car is running fine. Has anyone ever seen this? or have any explanation?

I am thinking i should just buy some MIL eliminators to help solve the Rear O2 issue CEL and it might correct the fact that it is running rich?