Flash with SRI

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
JadeG-S

Flash with SRI

Post by JadeG-S »

Hey guys I read Hondata say somewhere they don't reccomend short ram intakes on the 05-06 RSX-S reflash, and I was wondering is that just because the cold air yields better gains that they are saying that? Right now I only have SRI on my car, and was planning on reflashing, and then finishing basic bolt ons....I was wondering with my situation if I would feel the gains with just an SRI?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Some SRIs lose power over the stock intake once you test them with the hood closed. You are much better off with a modified stock intake than a SRI - the modified stock intake (which basically just has the baffles cut out) makes more power.
Hondata
JadeG-S

Post by JadeG-S »

I know that SRI is not the greatest for gains compared to CAI (reflash or not, I guess what I'm asking is with the reflash would it make it somehow worse than having a SRI with no reflash, or am I still going to notice gains with the reflash. I guess I need to switch to CAI soon if it makes that much difference. But right now it's freezing outside, so I imagine the SRI is still better than stock right now