Motor Swap? (Project K24/20 in 7th Gen Accord)

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Honda Inspire

Motor Swap? (Project K24/20 in 7th Gen Accord)

Post by Honda Inspire »

Hello Hondata,

I am in need of some assistance, because I am going to be doing a motor swap of a k24/20 in my 03 Accord. I know that you do not have a harness or plan to do any type of kpro for the Accord so I was wondering which motor do you recommend for my swap? k20a? k24/20 frank?

If I were to do a k20a swap, would the RSX S ecu work with my gauge clusters and other functions? I do not want to lose functions within my car nor have a CEL on. OR Should I do a k24a with a TODA k24 destroker kit?

Someone from www.gen7accord.net has created a compatible harness for the Accords and is selling them for $350. The only problem with the harness is that it has the CEL on.

Should I just use a standalone engine management system like AEM EMS? So that I am able to retain the features within the car.

Can you give me any recommendations on my swap?? I am looking for 350-400HP. Naturally aspirated, maybe force induction.

Thank you for your time.
03 Honda Accord EX Coupe [CM7]
K24A + Euro R 6 Speed
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Your gauge cluser will not work if you just use a K-Pro alone. We have not released the Dual adapter at this time for the Accord. Since this is a Euro Accord, there may be more involved than for a US vehicle. All I can tell you right now is that time will tell. We are looking into all the posibilities and once we have concrete info or a product release it will be posted.
Honda Inspire

Post by Honda Inspire »

Spunkster wrote:Your gauge cluser will not work if you just use a K-Pro alone. We have not released the Dual adapter at this time for the Accord. Since this is a Euro Accord, there may be more involved than for a US vehicle. All I can tell you right now is that time will tell. We are looking into all the posibilities and once we have concrete info or a product release it will be posted.
When will Hondata find a solution to this problem? Its been years since the release of the Accord and no harness was release nor a K-pro for the Accord?? It is strange that no one at Hondata was able to create a harness for the K-pro, but someone else has already developed and sell an aftermarket harness for the K-pro itself.. Thats simply retarded.
K24A + Euro R 6 Speed
Honda Inspire

MAKE ONE ALREADY

Post by Honda Inspire »

I have 100+ people who wants an ECU made or a reflash available and they want harness created for swaps. WILL YOU EVER MAKE IT??!??! ITS BEEN FOREVER SINCE THE ACCORD HAS RELEASED, WTF?
K24A + Euro R 6 Speed
Luke

Post by Luke »

just for my information:

where is the problem with that swap? put a K20 head on the K24 bottom (several times done in the EP3, for example). since there is the dual harness with the PRA+K-Pro solution, that shall work just fine, because the k-pro is connected to the engine and the stock ECU is connected to the gauges, A/C, e-gas, VSC, etc. (as i told doug a year ago in an email BEFORE the dual harness was developed, maybe he will remember)

tune it, drive it. maybe put a turbo or SC on it and have fun.

would be a great idea in my opinion. CL9 with about 300HP would be great

best regards from germany
Luke