Pissed off at hondata

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
jsgst32

Pissed off at hondata

Post by jsgst32 »

ok, so i'm a little pissed off. I have been doing some reading online and a lot of people say that my JRS b18b w/ honda management should be putting out 200 whp. I find it hard to believe that my car will do that, but i do believe that it should put out at least 180 whp on hondata @ 8 psi. Right now it's putting out 158 to the wheels at 8 psi and i really think that is bull shit. I had it tuned by a reputable dealer and it is just not putting down the numbers i want... The thing is i have a feeling it is a b18a just because i looked at the head and it said PR4 on it and, i'm pretty sure that is a piece of shit old 92-93 integra motor. It says b18b on the block though... the question i have is this... why isn't my car faster on hondata?
i mean i expected at least 180 whp and it's only 160 rounded up at 8psi... What's the deal do i have a b18a and it's slower or what?
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

First of all, Hondata is not the one to be blamed.

Hondata is a tool that brings out the power in an engine. It cannot produce something that is not there.

Either something is wrong with your engine or your tuner.

What exactly is your set-up?

Do you have a bigger injector?
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
Mark216t

Post by Mark216t »

I have to agree - the Hondata system is just another tool

If you dont even know which engine you have - how can you blame the ECU ???

I recently tuned a stock B16A N/A engine to 159Hp at the wheels (189 at flywheel)- and thats from 1600cc's !

Now we have a sorted base tuned N/A engine, we can tune for boost :)

Mark
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You also have not even said who tuned the car. Please tell us who it was.
jsgst32

Post by jsgst32 »

ok, here is the deal... First of all i want to appologize for "bashing" the system... I didn't intend to go off that way, I appreciate hondata and it's technology.

Here's what i'm confused about... My engine block says b18b1 on it and the head has a PR4 stamped on it... as far as i know all b18b1s are p74 or p75... PR4 is b18A i think... So i am wondering if I bought a b18b block with a b18A head on it... If so , I am wondering if this is costing me power that I would have with the stock b18b head on it.

As for the tuning. My motor is set up with 440s and an 8 psi pulley for a m45 blower... It was tuned by Tempest Racing, a dealer i found on your site... I got 160 whp out of this set up with other standard mods IHE, etc on 93 octane gas... Is this all I should expect from this set up or what?? I thought i could get at least 170 whp out of it... Maybe i'm wrong who knows...
rhecht

Post by rhecht »

PR4 = B18B
How is your torque curve on this setup?
You may not see a high HP number but if you have good torque, HP means nothing.
You could boost the power by running an intercooler on your JRSC. You may consider that as good Dollar per HP value.
neilap

Post by neilap »

Something is wrong with those numbers. I have read of people hitting close to 200 whp. Maybe you should take the car back and have it retuned. Heat can affect the output but it should not take 30 hp away from it. I would not blame Hondata. Either something is wrong with your motor or it was not optimized. Maybe it too rich. Who knows but taking it back is the first thing I would do.

I have a boosted d16 with 107k miles on it. With a stage 2B setup I am putting 180 hp @7psi. Some people with more "adventuous tuning have gotten even more. The supercharger will not yield the same peak numbers but still it should be better than my single cam motor.

Torque is cool but hp means a lot too. Look at a car like the S2k and tell me torque is more important.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

You obviously have a problem with you entire setup. Are you running on a stock exhaust? I get atleast 160 WHP on NA B16As, 170 WHP on NA B17As and 180 WHP on B18C1s and B18C5s. I usually get atleast 190 WHP on JRSC B16As and 210 WHP on JRSC B18C1s. You need to goto another Hondata installer if you still have problems.

BTW, How much timing are you running on it at 4000- 7000 RPMs? How about A/F ? What is your highers and lowest A/F on a wideband O2. POst all dyno and wideband graphs.

Joe.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer