Boost controller?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
brandon84

Boost controller?

Post by brandon84 »

I am pretty new to the Hondata world, but and i'm also excited cause this system sounds awesome. Anyway, with the hondata s200 with the boost feature, would i use a external boost controller for a turbo and then the hondata ecu would adjust to the amount of psi that i am running, or would i control the boost level with the hondata computer program(s).
thanks
sorry if this is a dumb question, but like i said i'm new to the whole thing so...
turbosi92

Re: Boost controller?

Post by turbosi92 »

brandon84 wrote:I am pretty new to the Hondata world, but and i'm also excited cause this system sounds awesome. Anyway, with the hondata s200 with the boost feature, would i use a external boost controller for a turbo and then the hondata ecu would adjust to the amount of psi that i am running, or would i control the boost level with the hondata computer program(s).
thanks
sorry if this is a dumb question, but like i said i'm new to the whole thing so...
Hondata doesn't control boost. You will need a boost controller for that.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

You will be using a boost controller for controling your turbocharger output pressure (boost). The hondata system you pick will need to be tuned for your vehicle. Hondata hasn't yet released a system that has an intregrated boost controler. I suppose you could use one of the auto controls and wire it into a GM boost solenoid once the software can configure it (this is hondata's department). A lot of supra guys have been using a GM boost solenoid on the AEM EMS. However, they would rather use a standalone boost controller like a HKS EVC 4 instead. A computer that has boost control will be hard to change unless you lug the laptop around. But I'm sure hondata could improvise this into the hondata blue box if the demand was really there. The system user maybe able to change the boost on the fly just like the other used adjustable RPM points.

Either ways, whichever way you prefer to use for boost control, wether you choose to use an electronic or manual boost controller, the hondata boost system will work as intended.

Joe.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
brandon84

Post by brandon84 »

Hey thanks a lot, i'll just stick to a stand alone boost controller, i'd rather not lug my laptop around. now i just need to decied whether i should get an electronic or manual controller :D