Which ECU is best for Euro R H22A(JDM)

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Vexamus

Which ECU is best for Euro R H22A(JDM)

Post by Vexamus »

Hey all, I have a swap coming up in a week. I recently bought a JDM Accord Euro R swap from inlinefour.com. It came with a complete JDM wiring harness, ECU and T2W4 transmission. The engine has less than 2000 miles on it. Anyway...

They sent me an OBDII ECU(the original from the Accord it came out of. It's getting dropped into my 95 Accord EX(F22B1 is coming out). It's OBDI...

I was hoping to save myself the heartache of hacking up my Accord and JMD H harness by just getting a suitable OBDI converted ECU from Hondata. What would be suitable for this engine and it's tuning to be able to achieve the 220hp and 163tq without any problems? I know a P72 will work in a Prelude, but I mean. What are the differences between these "suitable" ecu's?? P30? P27? P13? What's the difference? Which should I get for my Euro R? Please help asap as time is limited.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

The P72 will work great. As long as you install the hondata system as well.

Any P72/P61/P30 will be the ecu of choice since they do have knock control. Any other ecus do not have this feature but will also cost you a lot cheaper.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
Vexamus

ok, which one?

Post by Vexamus »

Ok, I need a new computer for my Euro R motor, I'm doing an OBDI conversion, i.e. using the Accord harness and running a few more wires and using an OBDI computer.

Which is better?

P28 or P30 for running an H22?

I need to know ASAP!
Vexamus

Post by Vexamus »

I have purchased an OBDI P30 with a mugen chip. I'm going to use my Accord harness for this, which has OBDI plugs. Are there any sensor issues I will have with the engine being OBDII?
IvoG

Post by IvoG »

So how did you get along in the end Vexamus?